What Causes Eye Wrinkles
A sign of aging, most people do not like to show their wrinkles as they grow older. And of all these, eye wrinkles are the hardest to conceal. However once you have an idea of what causes the wrinkles; you might also know how to conceal them.
There are several causes for eye wrinkles.
• One of the main reasons is the loss of moisture because the formation of wrinkles depends a lot on the how much the skin retains and uses moisture. The middle layer of the skin, dermis is responsible for keeping the skin wrinkle free by holding the collagen. The collagen is sent to the elastin fiber which stretches the visible part of the skin that is the epidermis. With aging, the dermis loses its capability to hold collagen which causes the skin to become thin, sag and wrinkles to form.
• Gravity though might sound strange but has its effect on the skin. It pulls the skin downwards and people at the old age do not have the ability to resist gravity.
• And eyes are one of those body parts where it becomes visible first even if you are one of those who take very good care of your skin, you cannot prevent it. This is more so because eyes are the place around which the facial muscles are most and they move constantly when you communicate various emotions through laughs, smiles, tears and frowns.
• Spending lots of time in the sun can encourage the growth of eye wrinkle by causing general damage to the skin. Just squinting under the sun from time to time can cause small wrinkles around the eyes. Moreover the skin dries and wears out in excess exposure to the sun and as a result of which the skin around the eyes sag.
• Apart from all this if you are a smoker, you are inviting premature wrinkles as well. It not just drains the skin of moisture continuously but also cause wrinkles as you keep on squinting as the smoke reaches your eyes.
Tips to prevent eye wrinkles before they form:-
o If you are out in the sun all the time apply a good sun block to prevent the UV rays from forming wrinkles around your eyes prematurely.
o If you are a smoker, it is advisable for you to quit for the welfare of your body.
o Do take care of your skin regularly by keeping it hydrated, moist and thus rejuvenated.
o Since healthy diet is important, recent researches have shown that too much sugar is detrimental not just for your waistline but also makes the skin dull and wrinkled. This happens since sugar destroys collagen which is essential to reduce or get rid of the wrinkles around your eyes.
o Besides sugar you should also avoid excess of fast food or processed food. This is because none of these can provide you with the essential nutrients present in fish, meat and vegetables. Since one of the primary causes of wrinkles is the oxidation of free radicals, therefore antioxidants present in fish meat and vegetables neutralize these free radicals. Therefore the wrinkles not just around the eyes but also all over your face can be reduced through the intake of healthy diet which has all these essential items especially fresh vegetables and fruits.
Last but not least since aging does not just cause eye wrinkles but also laugh lines and crow feet therefore you can always use an effective quality cream to reduce it.
If you want to eliminate wrinkles and fine lines, use some of the most advanced natural anti wrinkle creams from New Zealand at: xtendlife.orgGet the Latest Natural Anti Wrinkle Creams that will support your skin natural ability to repair it self, by improving collagen, elastin and protecting your skin from environment toxins.
Tagged with: Body Parts • Collagen • damage to the skin • Dermis • Dries • Emotions • Excess Exposure • Eye Wrinkle • Eye Wrinkles • Facial Muscles • Gravity • Laughs • Premature Wrinkles • Sag • sign of aging • Skin Wrinkle • Smiles • Smoker • Sun Block • Time In The Sun • Uv Rays • Wrinkles Around The Eyes
Filed under: what causes wrinkles
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!